Manufacturing Analyst 2
Start your future with a Mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
Northrop Grumman offers a challenging career opportunity in our Operations team within the Mission Systems sector at our Rolling Meadows, IL facility. The Operations Program Manager (OPM) Analyst 2 position supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering. The incumbent may facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement. Incumbents are generally experienced in one or more areas of manufacturing operations.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Manufacturing interface with the Program Office, engineering, Supply Chain Management and Mission Assurance on all aspects of assigned programs.
- Responsible for scheduling and execution of programs, while monitoring and addressing all cost, schedule and quality issues.
- Lead multifunctional teams, including Operations functional support organizations, to ensure all program and manufacturing goals and objectives are met.
- Represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or programs. Interact with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Oversee the generation of proposal inputs, including Basis of Estimate, Resource code mix, estimate rationale, bid codes, overhead, labor, manufacturing and personnel capacity, and risk / opportunity tracking.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the Operations Team's activities to assure compliance with company objectives and obligations.
- Monthly reconciliation of Sales Order WBS to MRP WBS for accuracy and consistency.
Experience: 3 years experience with Bachelor's degree, 1 year experience with a Master's degree
- Demonstrated experience working on teams and projects in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- This position requires a U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance
- High desire to learn with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, such as material management, supply chain, planning and scheduling, production control, or quality assurance.
- General knowledge of manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), production planning, and material management.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with several layers of coworkers and management.
- Understanding of Earned Value reporting and analysis.
- Experience with proposal generation.
- Prior experience with Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Process Improvement
- Six Sigma Certification Green Belt certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Prior experience running sustainment programs.
- Prior experience utilizing Pareto Analysis.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top