Managing Senior Tax Counsel (International Tax Planning)
Northrop Grumman Corporate sector is seeking a Managing Senior Tax Counsel to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's tax team in our Falls Church, Virginia corporate headquarters office. The Managing Senior Tax Counsel will report to the Director, Federal & International Tax Planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the management of the Company's international tax planning.
- Understand, digest, and communicate complex tax issues to all levels of the organization.
- Provide advice to business units and company leadership on international and domestic income tax issues.
- Primary lead on merger, acquisition and divestiture activities.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to reduce the company's cash tax expense and overall tax rate.
- The position will have all managerial responsibilities of a team of three direct reports.
- Manage multiple priorities and run them to conclusion with minimal oversight.
- Draft formal communications, memoranda, and other documents for dissemination to executive and C-suite leadership.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and licensed within one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Minimum of 12 years of well-rounded experience with a "Big 4" public accounting firm, a major law firm, a corporate tax department or the Internal Revenue Service.
- Ability to analyze and interpret federal tax laws and regulations.
- Ability to perform tax research, analyze appropriate authorities and reach sound conclusions.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate complex tax issues in a manner that allows others to understand and take action.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as project management, planning, and human relations' skills.
- Strong commitment and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment is paramount.
- LL.M. in Tax.
- Aerospace/Defense Industry experience.
- Experience in the National Office of a Big 4 accounting firm or a top tier law firm.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top