Manager Test Engineering M2
Northrop Grumman Corporation, Land & Avionics C4ISR Division, Rolling Meadows, IL is seeking a Manager of its Infrared Countermeasures (IRCM) Systems Test Engineering team within its Manufacturing Operations department.
The preferred candidate will have experience with applicable management and/or leadership, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to thrive in a dynamic and technically challenging environment and experience in the development and validation of test, test equipment and fabrication techniques. The preferred candidate will have familiarity with the use of National Instruments Labview and/or National Instruments LabWindows/CVI test software, Microsoft Project and Earned Value Management.
This Manager position requires that the candidate possess a demonstrable ability to leada team to strategically plan, bid, develop and maintain test, fabrication and screening capability for a diverse set of IRCM systems products and procedures. Practical experience of 3 or more years in this area is preferred. This Manager position requires the ability to prepare and manage manufacturing engineering support to the recurring production of the IRCM products (inclusive of troubleshooting of equipment, hardware and test software) and the assembly and presentation of continuous improvement initiatives for the purpose of minimizing defects, cost and cycle time. Success in this position relies upon the Manager's ability to coordinate the manufacturing engineering resources in concert with Design Engineering, Mission Assurance, Program office, local and offsite customers and a host of other organizations. The Manager's ability to prepare and present compelling justifications is critical to success in this position.
The Manager will be responsible to strategically evaluate team skill sets and size to accommodate work forecasts, assess training needs and oversee development of engineers.
The Manager will be responsible to establish an engaging environment where all team members are respected and included, regularly recognized for their contributions and inspired to work towards their maximum potential.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree with a minimum9 years relevant experience; or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree with a minimum7 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in leading, collaborating, and developing cross functional teams on complex technical projects
- Familiarity with one or more related disciplines (systems, software, mechanical, industrial and or electronic engineering).
- Demonstrated interest and success in continuous process improvement initiatives, including statistical analysis and execution of projects.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Strong communication and leadership skills in order to lead teams and represent the organization as a prime point of contact
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain government security clearance.
- Working knowledge of product flow and production processes.
- Relevant experience in Rolling Meadows manufacturing with specific focus in engineering
- Software tools including SQL, MS Access, National Instruments Labview and/or National Instruments LabWindows/CVI
- Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt, including extensive use and understanding of statistical analysis tools
- Expertise in a Manufacturing environment, with demonstrated experience running a work cell, engineering group, or technical projects
- Experience in resource and capacity planning
- Success in leading and developing people
- Current Security Clearance Secret
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top