Manager, Test Engineering
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager, Test Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager - Test Engineering for the Combat Training Center-Instrumentation System (CTC-IS) program to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals, immediately. This position will be dedicated solely to this program with a home base in Orlando, FL but with heavy travel to the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) in Ft. Polk, LA.
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong and sustainable leadership in order to fulfill the critical objectives of the CTC-IS program, to include designing, developing, and fielding an advanced range communications system (RCS) for Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC), at Ft. Polk, Louisiana.
The CTC provides a near-real combat learning experience in a controlled training environment that approaches the reality of the complex and challenging contemporary operating environment. The CTC-IS project will incrementally replace and upgrade existing subsystems including the Range Data Measurement Subsystem (RDMS), Range Management Control System (RMCS), Combat Trainer Communications Subsystem – Data (CTCS-D), access node subsystem, and Live Fire Communications System – Target (LFCS-T).
The Manager will work closely with the program's Program Director, engineering staff, and testing staff on all aspects of the program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment.
- Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Responsible for testing all customer equipment and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
- Responsible for daily operations of a team (direct supervision of the staff assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs). Management responsibilities include: cost, schedule, and technical performance.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree
- Experience developing and executing a Test Plan, TRR, SAT, systems and sub-systems testing etc. to ensure successful system evaluation and sell-off.
- Experience with both lab integration/testing as well as field integration/testing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Experience with advanced project management skills, WBS, EVMS, resource loading, etc
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience managing on an Army program.
- Experience work DoD programs.
- Experience in cellular communications, Land Mobile Radio, and/or signal processing.
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top