Manager Test Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Manager Test Engineering 2 to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As the Infrastructure Fabrication Lead, you will be leading a diverse team of System Integration Lab (SIL) Operations senior team members, including engineers and senior technicians supporting Strategic Systems programs. You will be responsible for providing high-level task-oriented direction to subordinate leaders utilizing management guidelines & general policies. You will be responsible for working with the program to determine what test stations need to be built this year. This area outputs multiple test lines per year which range from 3 to 59 bays (racks) of equipment simulating aircraft components and software. The team will build each rack from individual components according to unique design plans delivered from the design team. You will budget labor and material to achieve this goal, then work with the design team, start procurement including long-lead, direct the kitting team, and oversee the team leads as they teams build the racks.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance including
- Quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract
- Full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract
- Reporting to program on progress of infrastructure fabrication
- System test on completed systems
- Delivery, installation, installation (Delta ATP), integration of final product
- Work closely with the Department Manager and fellow section heads to define and implement the department strategy
- Staff your team
- Assist section members incorporating the AE vision and principles into their work scope.
- Build a culture that empowers and motivates individual performance, and establishes functional shared accountability with the program areas
- Set employee performance goals and provide performance feedback.
- Support the annual salary review process
- Mentor and develop the next generation of technical and project leadership
- Occasionally support proposal activities
- Improve and enforce System Integration Lab Operation costs and processes
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of engineering experience OR a Master's Degree plus 3 years of engineering experience
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level, plus ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI clearance
- Detailed understanding of test set fabrication and project management
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Experience
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience also a plus
- Solid technical and team leadership characteristics
- Experience developing Vehicle Management and Mission Systems test stations
- Demonstrated ability to lead large and diverse teams, drive a culture of performance and inclusion, foster development and enable collaboration across engineering and operational disciplines
- Ability to travel for business as needed
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top