Manager, Systems Engineering 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill two (2) Manager Level 3 Engineering Section Manager positions in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Logistics (EM&L) organization for our San Diego location. This is a dual role encompassing both team leadership and management and technical performance.
- Providing career development, goal setting, performance evaluation and feedback for direct reports
- Compensation planning, employee engagement, and mentoring/coaching
- Has a role as a technical lead or individual contributor, in addition to section manager responsibilities
- Advocates process and governance documentation, supports program milestone reviews and deep dives, and assists in development and implementation of sector objectives
- The Engineer and single point of contact responsible for all aspects of engineering execution on the program
- Oversees and manages system solutions concept development (pre-contract), engineering design, development, test, and integration of hardware, software and cyber systems
- Serves as engineering team liaison for communications to/from program management, manufacturing, operations, customers, and other engineering management
- Responsible for overall technical quality and performance, budget (cost), and schedule for engineering content of assigned program
- Ensures program is adhering to sound engineering processes in development, production, test and sustainment in accordance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards
- Reports programmatically to Program Manager and may have several Technical Team Leads reporting to them
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading remote employees as a part of a geographically dispersed team.
This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He / she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 9 years' related experience in Engineering.
- The candidate must have proven technical management experience in either program IPT, R&D, advanced systems, technical and/or functional environments
- Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing. Working familiarity with CMMI, ISO 9001, and AS9100.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret and Special Access clearances.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience as a technical leader
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top