Manager Systems Engineering 2 - Mission Analysis
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineering Functional Homeroom (FHR) Section Manager (SM) for the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
You will provide FHR SM to systems engineers supporting Modeling & Simulation, Survivability, Operations Analysis, Product Technical Support on a variety of special programs. You will have a business area lead or individual contributor role on the Modeling & Simulation team, which is approximately 80% and the other 20% is FHR SM.
- Lead team of systems engineers at all technical grade levels, including college and high school interns
- Provide career development, employee engagement, mentoring and coaching
- Coordinate for staffing, recruiting, training, preparing and delivering performance evaluations to employees, for promotions, assisting employees in preparing performance goals, providing career guidance to employees
- Develop and improve personnel and organizational technical skills
- Ensure process alignment through the work of direct reports, support program milestone reviews and deep dives, and assists in development and implementation of division objectives
- Work closely with managers and program/IPT leads
- Champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the division and sector
MODELING & SIMULATION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design, development, integration, and test of physics-based, real-time engineering simulations in support of Operator-In-The-Loop (OITL) mission simulations
- Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Extensive customer interface and collaboration with end users to develop graphical user interfaces and visualization tools to support mission effectiveness and survivability
- Contributing to high-visible activities and periodically demonstrating integrated capabilities to sector leadership and high value customers
- Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities for a program business area managing cost & schedule for the team
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited university and 10+ years of experience or 8+ years of experience with Masters or 3+ years with PhD
Excellent presentation and computer skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SAR/SAP access.
Experience in activities related to analysis, modeling and simulation.
Computer/engineering skills using C#/C++, JAVA, or other Object Oriented programming languages.
Bachelor's degree in STEM from an accredited university with 20 years' experience, 15 years with a Masters, or 10 years with PhD.
Experience working in current SAP/SAR programs.
Experience managing internally funded NCTA efforts to achieve the objectives as stated in the planning activities. Demonstrated management of the opportunities and pressures to assure successful completion and realization of the NCTA goals.
Experience working with DoD Customer counterparts, building strong relationships and clear requirements.
Experience in establishing and executing a staffing plan to support the achievement of programmatic and contractual goals.
Knowledge of both manned and unmanned systems.
The ability to develop physics-based models and simulations using Object Oriented programming.
Systems and software integration experience related to Service Oriented Architectures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO .
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top