Manager Systems Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
The Space Systems Engineering Section Manager is responsible for providing functional leadership and direction to approximately 10 to 15 Space System Requirements & Verification Engineers. The role is dual-hat, responsible for both section management (20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Space Systems Engineering organization. The Section Manager will be the functional management point of contact for the Space Systems Requirements & Verification Department and will support and implement activities supporting Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the SSE Requirements & Verification Department Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
• Ensuring members have sufficient statement of work, balancing resources among programs, and verifying proper charging practices are followed including time card approval
• Managing member performance, creating and delivering performance evaluations, overseeing the salary review process, and supervising employee development and mentoring efforts (including engagement strategies for higher performers and corrective actions for lower performers)
• Coordinating with programs to ensure appropriate staffing/destaffing actions are developed and executed relative to their section, and managing employee movement between programs
• Program review and proposal support of Space Systems Requirements and Verification-related SOW
• Meeting indirect budget targets and interpreting higher level guidance for implementation within the organization for process implementation and improvement.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Back to top