Manager Systems Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Systems Engineering 2 position in the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences (EM&S) function.
Perform activities associated with dual role managers including:
- Organizes resources to support multiple tasks simultaneously and manages the execution of those tasks
- Provides oral and written communications on status and issues to client and NG Management team
- Anticipates issues or problems; works to mitigate or negate the anticipated effects of the problems
- Manages day-to-day tasks of multiple projects, ensures projects have detailed plans and staffing is allocated efficiently, defines and monitors metrics to ensure projects are on track.
- Must be able to generate and evaluate Systems Engineering inputs to proposals in support of space business area
- Develop workload forecast for team members and ensure productive workload
- Assists PMs with schedule and technical performance of projects and provides expertise regarding project documentation requirements; monitors adherence to project plans and schedules’ performance.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Ensures that all applicable corporate policies and procedures are followed throughout organization
- Coordinates technical activities with staff
- Proactively improves processes
- Presents status reports, meeting minutes, etc. at meetings and deliver on action items
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective customer communication.
- The successful candidate must be able to work from top-level system requirements to define and organize the detailed tasks/schedule/skills required to meet the requirements within cost and schedule constraints.
- Selected individuals are expected to provide oversight of technical approach and progress on programs.
- Additional duties include providing input to personnel performance evaluation, employee development, recruiting, and staffing/workload planning/forecasting
- 7 years of System Engineering experience. BS or higher in a technical discipline, with 2 years of technical project lead experience leading high performance teams and managing multiple priorities with cost and schedule responsibilities.
- Previous experience with leading technical teams for 10 or more employees or contractors
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Project, ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Must have active Top Secret clearance
Space Systems Engineering development and analysis from Concept and Technology Demonstration Phase through Integration, Test and Verification. Preferred candidate will have experience in the following activities: Translating Initial Capability Document needs into mission level requirements, support requirement decomposition and documentation in DOORS database, developing system state transitions diagrams, mission use cases, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, mission threads, network node diagrams, system architecture development and trade studies, fault management design, reliability engineering, algorithm development, signal processing, system performance modeling in MATLAB environment, system modeling in Artisan, configuration management using ClearCase, ClearQuest, KPP and TPM identification and tracking; risk management, mitigation planning and execution. Internal and external interface definition and verification, verification and validation test planning and execution, spares planning. Test readiness reviews, FCA/PCA preparation, verification execution and reporting, telemetry validation, support initial operations test planning and execution.
Active SCI clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top