Manager Systems Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate to direct a team of engineers within the Radar Systems Design organization. The successful candidate will join our high performing, Systems Engineering team in developing radar systems for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal. These include radars for the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16, B-1B, AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk.
The selected candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills and will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. She/he will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish team and department goals.
This is a dual-role manager position, involving both the overall management of a Radar Systems Engineering group of 10-15 engineers and performance of individual productive work on a program or several programs. The direct program work may include technical work, IPT leadership, consulting, proposal support, or any other appropriate technical function.
Specific management responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and retention
- Career guidance and goal-setting
- Performance evaluations
- Compensation evaluations and coordination
- Policy dissemination
- Workload planning/forecasting
- Engineering process development and maintenance
- Development and implementation of departmental vision and strategies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or other closely related technical degree including computer science or physics, plus 7 years of experience (or Master of Science degree plus 5 years of experience) in systems or electrical engineering, and/or engineering program/project management;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate diverse and inclusive teams in a significant leadership role;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Active Department of Defense (DOD) Secret clearance. US Citizenship is required;
- Solid understanding of the Systems Engineering process.
- Experience in Fighter and/or Surveillance Radar;
- Advanced degree in engineering;
- DOD Top Secret clearance and/or SCI with CI or FS polygraph;
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in a functional, programmatic or technical capacity
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top