Manager, Systems Engineering 1
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Program Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. She/he will become part of Northrop Grumman Technology Services Civil Information Systems Operating Unit. The organization being supported is based out of Hyattsville, MD.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers.
We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be.
Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
In this dynamic role, you shall be responsible for managing a team that initiates, implements and supports software Configuration Management (CM) activities for the IRS.
She/he will report directly to the Department Manager and will interface with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and Government executives, management and staff. She/he must maintain an in-depth knowledge of IRS operations, associated technology, personnel, and short and long-term objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the management of resources to support task order
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned personnel and provide technical area leadership
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Conduct oral and written communications on status and issues with the senior leadership for planning and control of the multiple task orders
- Anticipate issues or problems, and work to mitigate or negate the anticipated effects of the problems
- Ensure events and meetings are accurately documented and recorded
- Oversee and direct the managers responsible for the technical performance of tasks within technical area(s) and/or component(s), the coordination of travel and training requirements, and the estimation of required resources for the completion of existing and new statements of work
- Identify and propose strategic enhancements and relevant technology to enhance the task order execution
- Support new business initiatives directly related to the program and department as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related Technical field with a minimum of 12 years of experience
- 7 years related experience with Software Configuration Management, Change Management, Release Management, and Deployment
- 5 years of experience managing in a government contracting environment
- 5 years of demonstrated software configuration lifecycle, project management, cost accounting, planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating, and directing all aspects of a project from inception through completion
- 5 years of demonstrated project management and customer focus experience
- Must be skilled at developing and delivering presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be experienced in coordinating activities and facilitating communications between various groups of stakeholders, i.e. internal teams, customer teams and management
- Must have excellent oral/written communication and facilitation skills, high initiative, sense of urgency, teamwork, and customer service, and the ability to work at a detailed level on projects as well as think strategically
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities
- Effective oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting complex technical and project management concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats
- Requires ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Familiarity with the Automated Tools like RTC, Urban Code Deploy, Docker, Jenkins
- Familiarity with Rational Tools and Endevor
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top