Manager Systems Engineering 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate with outstanding leadership skills to lead a team of System Security Engineers within the existing System Security Engineering (SSE) organization across Northrop Grumman products. This team will consist of System, Information Assurance/Cyber and Anti-Tamper Engineers.
Additionally this group supports other Program Protection Engineering activities to include Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) and Software Assurance (SwA). Emphasis is placed on LEADERSHIP with focus on growth of the organization to meet both current and future mission needs. The candidate must also possess strong people development, organizational, and communications skills, and the ability to multi-task and transition quickly between tasks and programs, or program and functional responsibilities.
This is a dual-role manager position, involving both performance of individual productive work on a program or several programs and functional personnel management. Direct program work may include technical work, IPT leadership, consulting, or any other appropriate technical function to include Design Reviews and other Customer/Prime interactions.
Functional management duties includes: yearly goal setting; review and evaluation of employee performance; compensation planning; hiring/recruiting; workload forecasting; employee skill development and career growth; monitoring of compliance with department processes and company values; providing team leadership and engagement; and approving time charging. Additional duties include interacting with business divisions to coordinate staffing and other program support (e.g. proposal support, proposal reviews, design reviews, customer meetings). It is anticipated that given the size of team (~8-15 Engineers), the split between functional and program duties will be approximately 80/20, on average.
- Experience:6 Years with Bachelors in STEM field;4 Years with Masters;3 Years with PhD
- Proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in full life-cycle systems engineering
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience Leading/Managing tasks and/or people
- Establish and Maintain effective customer and/or program communications
- US Citizenship and active secret clearance is required
- Degrees in engineering, software, cyber-security disciplines or related fields
- Active Secret SAP/SAR, Top Secret and/or SCI/SSBI clearances
- Security Certifications that include but not limited to: CISSP [-SSCP, -CCSP, -CSSLP, -ISSMP, -ISSAP], Security+, CEH, GPEN.
- Experience with Anti-Tamper, Information Assurance/Cyber-Security, or other Program Protection Engineering disciplines.
Back to top