Manager Systems Engineering 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a manager within the Engineering Configuration and Data Management organization. This position is a dual-role position to perform functional management activities as well as individual program responsibilities. The direct reports support the Configuration Management (CM) and Data Management (DM) for programs in all engineering disciplines: Systems, Hardware, Software, and Digital Technology (FPGA/ASIC/Board Design).
The functional management duties include staffing and workload forecast; support and adherence to standard engineering processes; lessons learned; employee engagement, mentoring and career development, training of skills required to execute on programs, and contract maintenance for the contractors working in the business area. The manager will also be responsible for recruiting, sourcing, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, talent performance reviews, and merit recommendations.
The technical program responsibilities will require skills to develop and implement CM/DM on large and small scale programs in accordance with the company processes and program contractual requirements.
The CM/DM role on programs include tasks such as
- Coordinate/Configure/Review/Control project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications, schedules, contract modifications.
- Establish and implement procedures to coordinate changes to program data and products.
- Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system and coordinates modification records for management control.
- An understanding of CM principles, concepts, industry practices and standards is required. An understanding of Model Based Engineering methodologies and tools is useful to support programs that are executing in these environments.
The ideal manager will possess the following skills:
- Provide a balance between interpersonal, business, and technical skills
- Operate in a team environment and collaborate across the engineering disciplines
- Prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result
- Provide direction to determine priorities to achieve goal
- Make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations and services
- Compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals and publications
- Comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Minimal travel is expected.
Candidate must possess, at a minimum:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or technical management specialty
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering discipline
- Experience in a lead or management position in a team environment
- Experience in all phases of the product development life cycle
- Understanding of CM principles, concepts, industry practices and standards
- Experience with configuration management and problems tracking tools (ISE, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Subversion, Jira,
- Familiarity with development environments and tools (DOORS, SharePoint, MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans,
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline or technical management specialty
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in lower level controls design and implementation (electrical, mechanical, firmware, software)
- Experience in software/hardware/systems/digital integrated development environments
- Familiarity or experience with Model Based Engineering tools with configuration management and document generation
(PTC Modeler, MagicDraw, IBM Rhapsody, MCAD/ECAD, Teamcenter, etc.)
Back to top