Manager Software Engineering 3
- Rolling Meadows, IL
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 3 Software and Digital Technologies (SWDT) position for Product Area Manager (PAM) in our Rolling Meadows, IL location. SWDT is a discipline within the sector Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for the overall direction, leadership, and management of SWDT execution and operations for an Operating Unit within the Air Warfare Systems (AWS) Business Unit. This Business Unit is a part of the LAC4ISR division which is headquartered at Rolling Meadows, IL. This role encompasses team leadership, management, and technical performance of a diverse team of embedded software engineers.
The selected candidate will report to the Director of SWDT supporting the Rolling Meadows, IL site.
The successful product area manager will:
• Be responsible for driving strong technical, cost, and schedule performance in support of AWS business unit contracts
• Be responsible for driving operational efficiency and affordability within AWS programs and across the SWDT organization and related E&S elements
• Be the primary point of contact for SWDT activities supporting AWS across LAC4ISR program management, E&S systems engineering, and E&S hardware engineering and other stakeholders
• Be responsible for reviewing organizational metrics with applicable program and organizational leadership
• Be responsible for collaboration and input on future business opportunities, specifically program proposals and new business captures
• Be responsible for staffing projections, and execute staffing plans in accordance with staffing projections
• Be responsible for regular communications with direct employees, including increasing inclusion and engagement, mentoring and career development, employee training, and performance management
• Be accountable for recruiting of talent, to include new graduate candidates for entry-level positions as well as experienced candidates for mid and senior-level positions.
• Provide advice on staffing, training, tools, and processes to the overall SWDT organization
• Be responsible for championing and driving adoption of the NG Engineering Playbook.
Minimal travel is expected.
• BS/BA degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with a minimum of 10 years related software or firmware experience.
• Experience and depth of understanding in software engineering principles, and the full engineering lifecycle
• Prior experience with personnel management activities including: performance management, professional development, employee retention, and recruiting
• High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
• Experience leading small-to-medium technical teams in successful delivery of technical solutions, engineering artifacts, and operational software
• Familiarity with an engineering lifecycle in an agile environment
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Experience with embedded software development and delivery of software product for DoD customers
• Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with 5 years experience in an agile environment
• Experience with process transformation and insertion in a large engineering organization
• Familiarity with Air Warfare Systems missions
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top