Manager Software Engineering 2
- Rolling Meadows, IL
Northrop Grumman Rolling Meadows Software and Digital Technologies (SWDT) Organization is searching for qualified candidates to support high performing teams of Software and Computer/Electronics Engineers involved with creation of innovative embedded solutions for government military customers.
The positions are dual-role with two primary functions: Development Manager and Functional Manager. As a Development Manager, the position serves one of more of our three business units: Infrared Countermeasures (IRCM), Radio Frequency Combat Information Systems (RFCIS), and Targeting. These positions are an interface for programs within the SWDT organization and have responsibility for managing the success of those programs.
The positions are in the SWDT organizational groups of:
• The Design & Implementation (D&I) group, which implements the business logic and algorithms in embedded software of the end products
• The Digital Technologies (DT) group, which implements the business logic and algorithms in the FPGA components of the end products
• The Frameworks group, which provides supporting platforms and test environments for use by D&I and DT.
The positions will report to the department head of the D&I, DT, or Frameworks groups.
As a Functional Manager, these positions will provide front line management of up to 15 engineers supporting various programs within the organization.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills and will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Development program responsibilities will include:
• Program / project management in the business unit including performance monitoring, support, risk management, and reporting
• Ensuring and monitoring quality of work products
• Ensuring adherence to Engineering process, leveraging or creating best practices
• Program task management, team guidance, & staffing
• Proposal team leadership
Functional responsibilities will include:
• Setting, monitoring, & reviewing goals
• Providing timely, constructive, sincere performance feedback on a regular basis
• Executing performance appraisal activity
• Facilitating team meetings and frequently leveraging all communication mediums
• Promoting organizational initiatives such as the NGC Playbook
• Nurturing dedicated teams to execute organizational improvement initiatives
• Coordinating training & career development for team members
• Forecasting of work load
• Supporting talent acquisition activity
• Working with Human Resources to mediate & resolve personnel issues
-B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, Systems, Electrical), or related field
-Minimum 6 years applicable experience
-Experience executing the engineering project life cycle, including: requirements analysis, design, development, integration, validation, verification, and sustainment
-Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM) in the Defense industry or equivalent commercial experience with Program Management/Project Management duties, including operating under cost and schedule constraints.
-Demonstrated success in leading, collaborating, and developing cross functional teams of varying degrees of skill on complex technical projects
-Demonstrated interest in process improvement initiatives
-Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors
-US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
-Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, Systems, Electrical), Engineering Management, or related field
-10 years applicable experience in an engineering field, management experience a plus
-Experience with IRCM / RFCIS countermeasures and digital signal processing a plus
-Experience in cross-discipline Agile product development
-Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
-Applied knowledge of Product Line Management
-Ability to connect the company's capabilities to existing and potential customers to support business development
-Current Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top