Manager Software Engineering 2

    • Melbourne, FL

Engineering

Qualifications:

Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.

Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is looking for a Software Functional Manager for the E-2/C-2 family of programs. This position is a dual-hat position requiring the candidate to perform functional management activities as well as the individual's program responsibilities. It is expected that the Functional management role will comprise 10% to 15% of the candidate's time. This is a dual-hat position so the remaining 85% to 90% of the selectees time is expected to be directly funded activities in support of an NGAS programs. The candidate must have a strong technical background in software development along with a strong understanding of software requirements and software design experience. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.

Responsibilities:
Will be responsible for day-to-day communications, performance assessment and feedback, career counseling, professional development, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues and managing a staff. Will provide project staffing support with recruiting, interviews and hiring. Will be responsible for recommending employees for raises and promotions. Will provide detailed employee performance feedback, periodic 1-on-1 meetings, annual mid-term and end of year performance appraisals. Trains, coaches and mentors other engineers and support staff within the functional organization. Responsible for evaluation of current project requirements and assures staff has adequate statement of work to optimize contract performance. Will work with the program software manager and IPT leads in establishing personal program and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments.

Other management duties "but are not limited to":

  • Annual engagement survey coordination
  • New business acquisition, proposal and special projects support
  • Support Functional Engineering initiatives
  • Assist with staff workload forecast preparation
  • Identifying and implementing new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency
  • Acquire the necessary computers, equipment and tools to enable the team to accomplish their assigned job
  • Program management related duties
Other knowledge may include, but are not limited to:
  • Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
  • Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
  • Leads Engineering teams with program execution
  • Mentor Engineers on all phases of the Program
  • Creates, reviews, and maintains critical documentation
  • Strong interpersonal skills
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo


Back to top