Manager Research Development 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Engineering, Manufacturing and Science Lead to oversee Science activities on the Systems Engineering, Management, and Sustainment (SEMS) program and other Bellevue, NE activities. This candidate will report into the Northrop Grumman Bellevue, NE Central Region EM&S Systems Engineering lead. Work will be performed primarily on Offutt Air Force Base, Bellevue, NE and will primarily support the SEMS contract and other Bellevue, NE EM&S responsibilities as assigned.
Successful candidate will:
- Serve as a member of the SEMS leadership team on the SEMS program at the 557th Weather Wing on Offutt AFB, NE
- Be responsible for evaluation of current and anticipated project personnel requirements and to work with project management to assign science team personnel and other technical and non-technical staff to optimize contract performance. This includes monitoring budget and forecast expenditures and matching to project requirements to ensure program is properly staffed.
- Must understand, maintain an awareness of, and balance employee needs and Northrop Grumman project requirements.
- Be responsible for day-to-day communications, performance assessment and feedback, career counseling, professional development, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues for a staff of approximately 10-20 engineers and other staff.
- Will serve as a primary point of contact for company issues, and for providing staffing projections in a proactive and timely manner in conjunction with the SEMS PM.
- Project staffing responsibilities include frequent coordination with, and advice given to, project management for the execution of effective requisition creation, interviewing, and hire/no-hire decisions.
- Expected to mentor employees, assist with resolving employee conflicts, and administering disciplinary actions where needed.
- Routinely interact and support other SEMS functional team leads such as Systems Engineering, System Administration, Software Engineering, and Project Management to support project activities.
- Coordinate Science team tasking and prioritization using agile processes (e.g. Kanban queue refill) and routinely monitor scrums/queue refills, technical reviews, and assessments to support project and program activities
- Will be responsible for recommending employees for raises and promotions and working with project management in providing detailed employee performance feedback with periodic 1-on-1 meetings and annual performance appraisals.
- Provide advice to SEMS PM on staffing, training, tools, and processes associated with Scientific program activities.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
o Action planning resulting from annual employee engagement surveys
o Supporting new business acquisition and task order proposals
o Leading special projects
o Working with SEMS team and project leads and PM to track subcontract labor positions
- Provides leadership for – and actively participate in – EM&S initiatives.
- Helps organize and lead periodic Newcomer’s Orientation sessions
- Solicit inputs for and support the publishing of routine staff communications to program and NG employees
- Support periodic (3-4 times per year) NG All Hands
- Actively participate in periodic college recruiting activities
- Work with the NG Training Manager, SEMS PM and Bellevue, NE EM&S SE Lead to develop and follow up on individual and program training needs.
- Work with Human Resources to manage employee performance and/or behavioral issues should problems arise
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) and 7 years of work related experience
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in either scientific disciplines or software engineering (a mix of both is acceptable if the total meets or exceeds 5 years)
- 2 or more years experience managing teams.
- US citizenship required. Current secret clearance or ability to obtain secret clearance.
- Candidate must possess a strong work ethic and be a motivated self-starter, a team builder and player, well organized, very flexible, and be able to multiplex among varying complex tasks.
- Candidate must have excellent time management skills and a proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Candidate must also demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Active top secret clearance with SCI eligibility
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top