Manager Publications 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 2 position for a publications manager with the expertise, vision, and people skills to successfully manage staff and execute a wide variety of documentation projects. This position will be located at the Marine Systems facility in Sunnyvale, California.
Marine Systems specializes in the development, manufacture, assembly, and testing of missile launching and handling systems and propulsion and power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines.
The Technical Publications organization, a component of the Engineering Department, produces missile launcher manuals for the Strategic Systems Programs organization and other programs, as well as propulsion and power generation manuals for EB/NAVSEA.
The candidate must have a track record as an effective communicator, team leader, and project manager who is able to develop excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, directing, estimating, scheduling, and tracking major publications projects. The Technical Publications Manager is also responsible for establishing processes and procedures to ensure high quality in all products delivered to both internal and external customers. Management responsibilities include personnel administration (hiring, training, coaching, performance evaluations, salary administration, etc.), department budget administration, mentoring staff, and leading department engagement activities. The growth, development, training, and satisfaction of all reporting personnel should be a high priority.
Travel is occasional, consisting of visits to customer and subcontractor offices for program updates and technical reviews. Travel may increase in frequency around major program milestones.
- Bachelors' degree from a recognized, accredited college or university, with a minimum of 5 years in increasingly responsible roles in a technical publishing environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with all levels, both internally and with Government customers. Collaborative personality is essential.
- Program management, as related to budget and program cost management.
- Advanced management experience and skills to resolve changes in contract funding, terms, and program scope through personnel and organizational adjustments.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills combined with a hands-on leadership style are essential for this position.
- Must be able to obtain a DOD security clearance. U.S. citizenship required.
- Experience with Navy Strategic Systems Programs on-shore maintenance and shipboard documentation formats and requirements.
- Experience with Earned Value cost management systems
- Computer competence in management software tools, including Excel and Project
- A working knowledge of technical publications production, including schedule performance, technical research, writing and editing conventions, review control, graphics practices and formats, interactive electronic technical manuals, and publishing techniques.
- Familiarity with Arbortext Epic Editor SGML/XML authoring software, Adobe Acrobat, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with the ANCRS Trouble/Failure Report Corrective Action Report management system or similar system.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top