Manager Proposals 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Proposal Manager for our California Proposal Operations organization.
Our Proposal Managers lead proposal teams across the sector to ensure successful, compliant, and on time proposal submissions. The proposals we support include top sector priority wins. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA, however the Proposal Manager will support proposals at all NGAS sites as necessary.
We seek an experienced proposal manager with the skills, vision and people skills to execute highly effective proposal efforts with a multifaceted team of proposal participants. Proposal Managers are delegated decision authority over proposal deliverables by the Capture Manager, and work in collaboration with leads for Technical and Programmatic offerings.
The Proposal Manager develops, plans, schedules, and leads proposal execution. Defines RFP assignments and proposal deliverables to ensure comprehensive flow-down of customer proposal requirements to responsible authors. Leads internal proposal quality reviews to ensure team is on-track to deliver a winning proposal. Ensures proposal compliance to RFP and configuration control of proposal baseline documents/information. Conducts ongoing risk management addressing volatility in proposal requirements, deadlines, and our offering. Manages development of proposal deliverables, proposal reviews, final proposal production, and on-time delivery to the customer. Provides decision authority for "the book" that is delivered to the customer. The selected candidate will be responsible for proposal planning during the pre-proposal phase, and cost-effective execution of the plan through proposal submission.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years' experience working on proposals
- Knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Government's competitive acquisition process
- Experience conducting RFP review/analysis and developing a response strategy
- Experience leading and directing the activities of team members through execution of a formal proposal process
- Experience interfacing with and briefing senior leadership
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S Government security clearance
- Must have the ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Demonstrated ability in one or more of the following roles: (1) Proposal Manager on a $50M-class competitive proposal or $500M-class non-competitive proposal, (2) Deputy Proposal Manager on a $500M-class competitive proposal, or (3) Volume Captain on $500M-class competitive proposal.
- Active US Government Top Secret security clearance
Back to top