Manager Proposals 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
The Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Proposal Manager 2 to lead a team in the creation of compliant, compelling business proposals that result in winning new business from our prospective US and international customers. This position is located in Herndon, Virginia.
- Conceiving overall proposal plan, estimating resources (people, timeline, and budget), qualifying proposal teams, and engaging with Capture Managers before RFP issue to craft proposal preparation strategies.
- Creating responsive, compliant, compelling proposals based on acquisition strategies, competitive assessments, win strategies, and CONOPS.
- Driving quality into proposals through effective proposal reviews, milestones, and metrics.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of proposals and identifying and documenting lessons learned to improve processes.
- Must understand and apply US FAR.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree with 7 years of experience as a Proposal Manager
- Must have managed at least 10 proposals with a base value of over $50 million
- Must demonstrate outstanding organizational and leadership skills in creating successful proposals targeted to US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, NASA, DHS, Middle East, UK, and/or Australia.
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in critical thinking, writing, editing, visual element planning, pricing tactics, and BOE development.
- Must be proficient using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must provide evidence of creating easy to evaluate winning proposals.
- A specific listing of proposals managed and base value is required.
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience in International Foreign Military Sales programs, proposals, and contracts
- Leadership and Team Motivating / Building Experience
- Proficiency in SharePoint
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top