Manager Programs 3 - Avionics Modernization
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human? That is, the lives our technology protects. If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the military people our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even more dedicated and stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups. In addition, we enjoy the support of developmental training, mentors, and every day coaching plus extensive health and work/life benefits. We are committed to our employees' success that includes professional and personal development.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is a key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their unique perspective to work. Your different sides are welcome here. Our teams, our products, and our services are much better as a result of our diverse employees.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Program Manager 3 to manage the total broad spectrum of tasks required for avionics modernization including programs in the Engineering and Manufacturing Development phase or on-going production and support phases.
- Managing all Statements of Work requirements to ensure that the all cost, schedule, and technical content are met. This includes maintaining overall program balance, integrated program management, performance, reporting and control in the execution of a successful program.
- Overseeing and directing a program structure that defines clear lines of responsibility between organizational elements, to provide the discipline, consistency and integration required to execute engineering, manufacturing and development of the avionics systems capability, product support, and training resources. This includes: tracking, monitoring, and analyzing program progress and performance (planned versus actual), and identifying issues against program technical, cost and schedule baselines, determining variances from the baseline and taking corrective and/or preventive actions, as appropriate, to address them.
- Ensuring that all program staffing levels are being met and consistent with skills, tasks, and schedules needs.
- Ensuring that all contract deliverable items are fully compliant with the contract requirements, delivered on time, and accepted by the customer.
- Ensuring that all subcontractors and suppliers requirements and performance is maintained to be consistent with program requirements.
- Managing all program phases from inception through completion.
- Coordinating and accomplishing business plans, work breakout structures, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Functioning as the primary Northrop Grumman Corporation customer management contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Developing new business and expanding the existing business with the customers.
- Initiating and participating in proposal development and in the negotiation of contract, contract changes, and teaming agreements with suppliers.
- Program management interaction with corporate and customer directors and executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- 20 years of experience in Engineering and Program leadership and management.
- 10 years engineering and program management experience on military aircraft avionics modernization.
- Working knowledge of ITAR/EAR
- Mastery of MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project)
- Prior experience interfacing with clients, customers, and senior leaders
- Strong leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Master's degree or higher in technical management
- Other higher education in areas of Engineering, Program, and Business Management
- 5 years of USAF aircraft avionics modernization PM experience
- Metrics experience in preparing and presenting presentations
- Understanding of Earned Value Management techniques
- Experience with financial planning and scheduling
- Experience with SAP, Earned Value and Risk Management Systems
- USAF Officer experience
- USAF cargo aircraft and/or Large commercial transport aircraft aircrew experience
- Experience with USAF cargo aircraft and/or Large commercial transport aircraft airworthiness experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top