Manager Programs 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Mgr Programs 3 to join our leadership team. This position located in Sunnyvale, CA.
•Senior Program Manager position directs all phases of programs (US Navy Electro-mechanical Equipment) from inception through completion.
•Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
•Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
•Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
•Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
•Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
•Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
•Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
•Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
•Initial primary focus is leading a major submarine equipment qualification (unit manufacture and test) program.
- 10 years of experience working on defense programs
- 5 years Program Planning/Management of Technical Projects in a DoD Environment
- Engineering/Technical Bachelor's Degree
- Outstanding PC skills (including MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting program/technical status to internal and customer executives
- Experience working on High Performance Teams
- Ability to sustain in demanding program execution environments
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Advanced Degree in Engineering, Business Management and/or equivalent
- Marine Propulsion Design, Manufacturing and Test Experience
- Technical interface experience with technical customers and manufacturing suppliers.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top