Manager Programs 1
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
This Program Manager position is for Fast Jet/UAS business unit development, integration, and demo/trial programs. Position includes both program management for on-going programs as well as new business shaping and captures.
This position will be responsible for:
- Directing all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in military or aerospace systems or equivalent in either industry or the Government.
- Experience leading and managing Department of Defense (DoD) and/or International programs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations and services.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- U.S. citizen and ability to obtain/maintain U.S. Government Secret clearance.
- Experience with EO/IR products technology and new applications in the defense industry.
- Program or Project Management experience in Operations or Engineering Program Management.
- Experience with military aircraft and EO/IR targeting and EW systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master's degree in Engineering or Master's in Business Administration.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top