Manager Production Planning Scheduling 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Manufacturing and Production
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, Systems Integration Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) has multiple openings for a Manager Production Planning and Scheduling 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidates for this role will oversee teams including the Master Production Schedulers and Operations Project Management. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The candidate must collaborate with functional and program leadership, business development, business management, mission assurance, product development, and global supply chain management to resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Develop forecasts and long range planning for equipment and personnel requirements, recruit, mentor, develop, and lead a team of individual contributors through their daily activities.
- Coordinates and communicates engineering change to downstream functions and develops work-around plans and scenarios as required to minimize negative cost and schedule impact to supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Project Management responsibility of various projects requiring oversight of multi-disciplined project teams.
- Oversees As-Built Configuration Reporting for multiple programs in accordance with government / customer requirements.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.
Back to top