Manager Production Planning Scheduling 1
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for Manager Production Planning Scheduling 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Supply Chain Manager 1 to support the Mechanical and Electrical/Assembly and Test departments within Good Movement in Global Supply Chain. This position will be located in our Space Park Facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direct supervision/management of staff
- Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines and general policies
- Advises Leadership of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Integration, Warehousing, Traffic, Procurement, etc..
- Responsible for meeting program and indirect budget targets, writing/updating work instructions, providing performance metrics and make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- AA Degree plus 2 years of Global supply chain experience OR equivalency of 6 years of Global supply chain experience in Lieu of a degree
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (word, excel, power point)
- Ability to present for functional homeroom and program reviews
- Intermediate excel skills - creating graphs and pivot tables
- Strong Aerospace supply chain background
- Active SCI and a DoD clearance
- BS in Supply Chain Management
Back to top