Manager Production 1 - Energetics
- Cumberland, MD
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our Energetics area to join our team in Rocket Center, West Virginia, just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
The Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) site in Rocket Center, designs, develops and manufactures tactical rocket motors, medium caliber ammunition, composite components and end items, and fuze and electronics equipment. For decades, the dedicated and highly skilled team at ABL has supported national security efforts by developing and building defense systems for DoD customers and U.S. allies.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Provides direction and motivates employees guided by established practices and precedents.
- Ability to provide and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Provides support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance (routine and non-routine) of manufacturing equipment.
- Works directly with maintenance and engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
- Executes manpower forecasts.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations and scheduling
- Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Administers and complies with the union contract, trains new employees and new processes obtained for the department.
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department
- Proactive safety attitude
- High school diploma
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Availability and willingness to work a variety of shifts, as needed, which may include 2nd or 3rd shift
- Ability to provide sound judgment to ensure overall quality and efficiency of the department.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office Products i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic equipment
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Flexible with work assignments.
- Associates Degree in a related field or Technical School certification
- Manufacturing experience in Mix Cast
- Lead or prior supervisor experience
- Explosive pyrotechnic manufacturing handling experience
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience supervising in a manufacturing unionized environment
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
This position falls under a Federal Explosives License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for this location. Candidates hired into this role will be required to complete and submit an Employee Possessor Questionnaire to ATF for approval to be a possessor.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top