Manager, Product Support 1
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Responsible for daily operations of a large technical development team, providing direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, task analysis, day to day workflow, budgeting, proposal support, and program status reporting. Supervisory responsibilities include the planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of assigned technical services-type development contract. Provides direct supervision, leadership, and mentorship to employees, and broad responsibility for all aspects of program performance, hiring, and routine personnel actions. Monitors daily operations of assigned work unit and actively assists and provides direction to subordinates as required. Executes department policies and precedents to ensure projects are completed following established procedures and schedules. Reviews work for adequacy in meeting objectives, quality standards, and program goals. Becomes actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems. Conducts briefings with customer and stakeholders and participates in technical meetings for internal external representatives concerning specifics operations. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Serves as liaison between subordinates and program management staff, reporting status of projects, program phases, staff, and budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate technical discipline and ten (10) years of specialized experience OR; fifteen (14) years of relevant experience in lieu of formal education.
- Must have full working knowledge of procedures and practices within assigned functional area.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a minimum Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience leading or supervising a technical team preferred.
- Proficiency in data development, electronic technical publications, training development, or graphic illustrations highly desired.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, database software, relevant authoring utilities and software, or related development tools required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top