Manager of Logistics 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Logistics Manager 2 for a position based out of Edwards AFB, Ca. The successful candidate controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions. Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position. Candidate is responsible for the planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages, and the direct supervision/management of the staff within the larger organization.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years experience with aircraft/supply systems.
- Complete understanding of TCTO/Service Bulletins, Borrow Payback, Critical Asset Management, and Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) processes.
- Applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, meet medical requirements for worldwide travel, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must possess and able to maintain an active Top Secret DoD security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission is a condition of employment.
- Experience in the aerospace or aviation industry, or prior command experience in an operational aircraft maintenance squadron or maintenance group preferred.
- Understanding of deployment readiness for personnel and end items to include how to build and maintain war readiness packages.
- Experience managing diverse teams of highly skilled employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of configuration management processes.
- Working knowledge of Supply Logistics and MiCAP processes.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Back to top