Manager Mechanical Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager 3 - Mechanical Engineering,to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
The Engineering and Ground Support Department (EGS) within Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) has a need for an Assistant Department Manager (ADM). In addition to ADM roles, the position includes functional responsibilities for a section of senior Sub Project Managers (SPM) and technical Subject Matter Experts (SME). The EGS department is responsible approximately 200 Manufacturing, Test, and ground support engineer and program managers who perform Mechanical Integration and Test cutting edge spacecraft.
- Functional management duties including performance management, and employee growth and development
- Proposal development and review
- Leading event response and root cause analysis teams
- Staffing coordination with functional management and other subproject/assistant project managers
- A STEM related Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of7 years' experience in Engineering,Program or ProjectManagement
- Demonstrated success in managing teams
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate effectively at all levels of management and to individual contributors
- Experience in proposal development
- An active, in scope SSBI (investigation within the last 6 years)
- Prior experience as a functional manager
- Prior experience with Earned Value Management and MS Project
- An Active SCI clearance
Back to top