Manager Mechanical Engineering 3 - Assistant Department Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Infrastructure and Mechanical Integration Labs (I&MIL) Department is
seeking an Assistant Department Manager to lead a team of senior program lead engineers supporting programs located withinRedondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo Integration and Test facilities. The Assistant Department Manager will directly manage the Specialty Test Leadership section and work closely withthe department Section Managers to facilitate the organizational vision and strategies, build a culture that empowers and motivates team performance and foster shared accountability with programs of record and new pursuits. The Mechanical Integration Labs ( I&MIL) Department is part of the Systems Integration, Test & Evaluation (SIT&E) directorate of Research, Technology and Engineering (RT&E) for the Space Park Center of Excellence. The department is responsible for the following aspects of the SIT&E organization:
- Specialty Test Leadership
- Factory Modernization
- Test Planning and Requirements
- MLI Products
- Area Management
- Hardware Management
- Factory Modernization
Position to be based in Redondo Beach, with some travel required between sites. The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the RT&E and SIT&E organizations, will have experience leading diverse teams through change, and will have a vision for how they will promote team engagement within this department.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo SQMVideo
- Bachelor's of Science in a (STEM) S c ience, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline plus7 years of engineering experience OR Master's of Science in a (STEM) S c ience, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline plus 5 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Space production, Integration or Test Environments
- Experience either leading technical staff or technicalprojects
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Masters Degree in STEM (Science Technology Engineering or Math)
- Prior functional management experience in a position responsible for staffing, processes and/or products
- Broad understanding of Space Systems programs
- Proficient in MSOffice tools
- Facilities and Safety Management experience related to space vehicle production, integration and testing environments
- Proven strong communications and leadership skills in a team environment
- Understanding and practical experience of spacevehicle integration and test processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top