Manager Mechanical Engineering 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customers. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
The Engineering and Ground Support Department (EGS) within Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) has a need for a Section Manager to be a functional manager and contribute technically to programs and other department activities. These section are responsible for Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Ground Support Equipment and Test Engineering in Redondo Beach CA.
These are highly dynamic, interactive positions. You will interact with numerous stakeholders including program management, systems engineering, flight hardware design engineers and logistical support services. Outstanding organizational and leadership skills are required to succeed in these roles.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Staffing support to all space systems and space programs.
- Conducting periodic performance evaluations, including mid-year and annual reviews
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the staff
- Managing indirect and capital needs
- Professional development and mentoring of direct reports
- Supporting Functional Homeroom initiatives and projects which include process improvement, Event Response Teams, Corrective, and Preventive Action implementation
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers"
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one or more of the following: Aerospace, Mechanical or Systems Engineering
- Proven leadership experience on a project and/or team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret or SCI Clearance.
- An active SCI or SSBI clearance.
- Knowledge of spacecraft subassemblies and/or integration and test.
- Experience in space systems and space system production, integration and test.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top