Manager Mechanical Engineering 1
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will become part of our NASA Balloon Program team, involved in developing and maintaining the flight and launch support systems.
Responsibilities of this role include mechanical design using CAD tools, documentation of those designs for procurement and manufacture, basic structural and thermal analysis to support design adequacy, collaborating with a small design team to review, test and verify those designs in order to assure mission success. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will be expected to be self-motivated, highly-organized, detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
Responsible for analysis, research, coordination and approval of engineering data items including, technical reports, specifications, models and drawings for all externally contracted sections of the structure and subsystems for all purchase orders. Must be familiar with ISO processes and ensure documentation conforms to established guidelines.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field with 5 years of engineering design experience, or MS with 3 years of experience
- Proficiency with 3-D CAD modeling software, Solidworks
- Technical coordination between the Northrop team and the customer.
- Responsible for verifying completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning and coordinate with Northrop Grumman engineering.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of hardware component designs/drawings including both electrical and structural components that require interface control drawings being provided to the contractor including identifying design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top