Manager Material Process Engineering 1
The Emerging Capabilities Division(ECD) within Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks to fill the position of Assembly and Test Area OperationsManager for our Advanced Technology Laboratory (ATL) located outside of Baltimore, Maryland - where we design, manufacture, and test semiconductor products for internal and commercial production as well as emerging programs. Join us for the chance to work on many challenging development and production programs with an amazing, experienced, and talented team.
The chosen candidate will be the 2nd shift Managersupporting assembly and test manufacturing operations with responsibility for the direct supervision of represented employees working in a semiconductor manufacturing environment. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide direction and guidance to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies
Responsible for meetingAssembly and Test Areathroughput, product delivery,Assembly areayields, and overall assembly line quality and continuous improvement efforts
Involved in staffing decisions, training, and driving engagement efforts to achieve the employee's highest potential
Provide Management withregular status reports
Work independently across the organization to meetAssembly areaneeds and goals
Work closely with other departments within the organization to align manufacturing with development of new technology and business opportunities
Maintain a safe work environment
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership characteristics, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. In this blended role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors in the staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have developed collaboration and influence competencies.
- Associate's Degree or higher in business, engineering, or other technical area with experience supervising/managing manufacturing operations including planning and scheduling workflow OR High School diploma/GED with 2 years of experience in supervising/managing manufacturing operations
- Basic understanding manufacturing and production concepts
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Associate's Degree or higher in business, engineering, or other technical area with 2 years of experience supervising/managing manufacturing operations including planning and scheduling workflow OR High School diploma/GED with 5 years of experience in supervising/managing manufacturing operation.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of semiconductor processes and tool sets.
- Working knowledge of industry management methodologies focused on continuous process improvement in manufacturing such as SPC, 5S, Total Quality Management or Six Sigma.
- Experienced in ISO 9001 or AS 9100 quality certifications and requirements
- Knowledge of Industrial Hazardous Waste Management procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top