Manager Manufacturing Engineering 3
- Sunnyvale, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Manager Manufacturing Engineering 3 based out of our Sunnyvale, CA campus.
What You'll get to Do:
The Manager Manufacturing Engineering 3 is required to have familiarity with welding fabrications, machining, and assembly & testing in a low volume high mix manufacturing operation. Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational group. Advisor to lower level managers and exempt employees. Helps meet established schedules or resolve technical or operational problems. Establishes operating procedures that affect the organization. Develops and administers budgets and standards of performance and is responsible to complete the Mfg Engineering tasks on time and on budget. Frequent contact with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives. Supports MRP development with manufacturing instructions consistent with the MRP plans. The Manager Manufacturing Engineering 3 manages a team of manufacturing engineers that:
- Design manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, processing, machining and material handling.
- Develop structured manufacturing instructions identifying the operations and order of manufacturing steps, key technical parameters and features
- Work closely with the factory hourly touch labor team on technical aspects of manufacturing including standard operations and rework
- Design sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering or technical field with 9+ years of experience.
- Experience overseeing professional engineers in a manufacturing, systems, design, or tooling design capacity.
- Must have experience and be proficient in developing, manipulating, and presenting complex data to executive staff.
- Must have strong, demonstrated Operations Management experience managing critical production hardware or demonstrated management experience in another engineering role.
- General knowledge and experience in metal fitting and welding processes, general machining and precision large industrial assembly.
- Firm understanding of the fundamentals of MRP.
- Must have demonstrated EVMS experience and be proficient at Cost Account Management functions.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Naval and Marine product experience. Experience working on US Navy programs.
- Experience using SAP in a production environment.
- Experience Managing Large Department Budgets and briefing those budgets to executives.
- 10+ years of Government contracting / DOD Program experience and fixed price production experience.
- Experience with Fabrication/Welding, Machining of high tolerance parts, and assembly and test of complex military hardware.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top