Manager Machining Manufacturing 2
At Northrop Grumman, our work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technologies protects. It's the value of innovation that makes a difference today and tomorrow. Here you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful; where employees share experience, insights, perspectives and creative solutions through integrated product & cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups. From engineering and manufacturing, to operations and business development, Northrop Grumman's Sunnyvale location offers the opportunity to serve national security and impact the lives of Americans all over the globe from the landscape of Northern California. Don't just build a career, build a life at Northrop Grumman Sunnyvale.
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems specializes in the development, manufacturing, assembly and testing of missile launching and handling systems and propulsion, and power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines. We are seeking two new Machining Managers to join our team to support first shift and second shift. You will manage teams of approximately 15-20 non-exempt represented employees to meet contract delivery requirements.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate across manufacturing to ensure efficient product flow through shop areas
- Supervise shop personnel to ensure compliance with shop instructions, i.e. drawings, programs, tooling, manufacturing methods and QA documents with emphasis on machining practices.
- Lead team efforts utilizing lean principals to meet safety and budget goals.
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Procedures and Shop Paper Handbook.
- Instill strong manufacturing practices in housekeeping set forth by Environmental Health and Safety.
- Perform direct employee management, annual EPAS reviews, engagement activities, and capital and equipment modernization efforts.
- Ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreement.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
This position located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 6+ years of relevant work experience. Note: An additional 4+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.
- Familiarity with machining
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in supervising shop personnel responsible for milling, drilling, boring and turning of components on large and small controlled and manual machines
- Experience with a represented workforce
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top