Manager Machining Manufacturing 1
Candidate shall be responsible for the daily operation of the Mechanical Fabrication Center's M3 plating shop (located at Space Park in Redondo Beach, CA). This will include direct supervision of the staff, delegating work assignments, overseeing day to day production, managing operating costs and taking responsibility for customer's budget/schedule.
Candidate will be required to ensure compliance to the following:
- Specification and Process Control requirements
- Maintenance and Calibration
- Chemical Inventory Procurement/Storage
- Safety and Environmental regulations
Qualified candidates should ideally possess a solid knowledge of electroplating techniques, hazardous chemical handling/storage and be familiar with military/industrial process standards/specifications related to electroplating. The ability to read and interpret engineering blue prints and associated drawing notes are a must.
Candidate will develop and manage the skills improvement of their reporting staff through training and development initiatives. They will attend status meetings with customers to ensure open communication and problem resolution. They will work with ME, M&P and Chemistry departments to support manufacturing process improvements and ensure successful delivery of hardware.
Positive engagement will be required with all organizations that support manufacturing in order to sustain business operations. Shall coordinate and manage single operation process offload to outside suppliers. Candidate must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- High School Diploma with 10 years of manufacturing work experience or Bachelor's degree with 2 years or Associates Degree with 6 years
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, processing and assembly procedures required to produce development and flight hardware.
- Solumina (Shop Floor Planning/Scheduling system) experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of electroplating techniques, hazardous chemical handling/storage and be familiar with military/industrial process standards/specifications related to electroplating
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top