Manager, Intl Trade Compliance 1
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the NGMS International Trade Compliance team and will support the Missile Defense and Protective Systems Division Export Compliance Program to ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Candidate will serve as an Empowered Official and will: 1) develop licensing strategies based upon knowledge of the ITAR and the EAR, 2) review and sign export license applications, Agreements and correspondence for submission to the U.S. Departments of State and Commerce; 3) authorize the use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions when appropriate, and will 4) review various types of export transaction requests (such as shipping, travel, and foreign visits) and maintain records in compliance with Sector policy and procedures. Candidate will provide advice and guidance concerning the requirements interpretation, and obligations of U.S. export regulations and implementation of such requirements, and be responsible for implementing NGMS export policies and procedures for all export/import licensing and compliance activities.
Candidate will support the more complex program portfolios and will hand off once executed. Candidate will be responsible for directly managing a team of analysts and leading the development, automation, and continuous process improvement of business processes for export licensing and compliance, including: Managing MS Export Management implementation and continuous improvement of EEMS, IDCAS and the export stake in ITRIP, and managing and mentoring assigned employees to foster their growth.
Other Duties as assigned, to include:
Continuous monitoring of the health, effectiveness and efficiency of the company's export business processes, Management of due diligence and compliance requirements in merger, acquisition and divestiture due diligence and integration activities, Development and management of global trade management operational and compliance metrics, Participating in compliance reviews and assessments of export activities and supporting the Sector in investigations of potential export non-compliance issues as necessary. Coordination with GTM and the law department on requests for information and product verification inquiries from USG and third parties, Development and management of export management operational and compliance metrics.
- Bachelor Degree and 8 years of directly related experience or Master's Degree with minimum 6 years of directly related experience to include Export Import Licensing and management experience.
- Thorough and deep knowledge of the ITAR, EAR, familiarity with technology release process and foreign trade regulations.
- Experience in drafting and submitting Department of State licenses/agreements and/or Department of Commerce licenses for marketing, sales and procurement activities, and/or administering export authorizations, approving the usage of exemptions/exceptions, and managing compliance.
- Familiarity with DTRADE, SNAP-R, and corporate licensing and compliance tracking systems.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance .
- In-depth knowledge of classifying software with an understanding of capabilities and/or interface implications.
- Demonstrated strengths will include a highly collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems, success in resolving difficult situations and effectively communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Ability to exercise leadership, self-initiative, and sound judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in conducting export control compliance training.
- Applicants must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, and possess the ability to work successfully in cross functional teams.
- Ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex export/import problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top