Manager International Trade Compliance 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a highly qualified Manager of International Trade Compliance 2 to join the NGTS Export Import Management team for oversight of one business unit within the Global Logistics and Modernization (GLM) Division. This position reports to the GLM Division Manager of International Trade Compliance and will be located in Herndon, VA.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers.
We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Responsibilities include providing comprehensive internal export and import guidance, expertise and analysis for a variety of international programs.
Key duties include:
- Develops licensing strategies, export authorizations, training and guidance based upon knowledge of the U.S. export regulations and implementation of Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
- Serves as the Empowered Official for transactional compliance with export regulations, license preparation and processing, and the use of exemptions and exceptions in lieu of licensing for business areas.
- Serves as a company Empowered Official
- Creates, reviews and signs export and temporary import license and agreement applications in compliance with applicable U.S. government laws and regulations
- Ensures compliance with business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits and certifications.
- Executes operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Responsible for commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations
- Maintains awareness of changing export control laws and regulations and provides analysis regarding applicability and impact to company products and technologies, as well as existing company export policies and procedures
- Serves as a subject matter expert to support training and education on export related matters
- As an integral member of Export Import Management team, may perform other duties on a collateral basis, as assigned by the Division Manager of Export Management, to include leading various Northrop Grumman process improvement projects
- Supports law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of International Trade Compliance or related work
- Strong working knowledge of the ITAR, EAR, and other international trade controls, as well as the automation and business processes by which these are implemented
- Experience in effectively applying U.S. Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios, analyzing and solving complex problems
- Ability to be an independent thought leader for the function and work effectively as part of a highly integrated leadership team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Working knowledge of Export Control Reform
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues
- Participation in U.S. Government federal trade advisory and industry working groups
- Advanced degree in business, international affairs, law, or technology.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top