Manager, Information Technology 2
As an integral member and partner of the AS Strategic Systems program Leadership and Program Integration team, the IT Program Manager is the IT point of contact and leader for the extended ES & CSO organization and entire IT portfolio of services.
The IT Program Manager oversees strategic non-recurring projects for the program and the Palmdale site including business systems upgrades and enhanced security controls for the program. The selected candidate will work with the IT Operations and Application services staff to maintain and optimize day-to-day IT services and enabling technology for the entire program team, including customers and suppliers. These services include network, servers, storage, voice, and desktop functional areas supporting classified and unclassified operations.
The incumbent will also lead the important responsibility of IT governance (chairing infrastructure design reviews and change boards), Cost Account Management (financial budgeting and performance management), Business Continuity Planning (developing and testing Information Systems Continuity Plans, Proposal Development (IT solutions design and pricing for new IT statements of work), and team member for Crisis Management planning and incident recovery.
The primary location is in the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence (COE). The Palmdale COE is expanding the site to accommodate growing operations for NGC and the AS Sector. The Palmdale site expansion brings exciting opportunities for the IT Program Manager to provide IT thought leadership, advanced technology solutions, and technology modernization to the programs and the COE. Examples include: enhanced wireless capabilities, virtual desktop infrastructure, mobile computing for the shop floor, and model-based engineering and advanced manufacturing processes and information systems applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree and minimum of 8 years of experience in Information Technology Management.
- Must possess an extensive and broad background managing IT Infrastructure, service delivery and enterprise business applications.
- Customer-focused with proven leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Prove experience providing strategic direction regarding our IT products, processes, applications and technology.
- Documented experience managing IT related projects, budgets and meeting schedule commitments.
- The selected candidates must be entrepreneurial, a self-starter and have the ability to challenge the status quo while providing innovative solutions that create strategic value and discriminators for our customers.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance is required
- Master’s Degree is desirable.
- Prior experience working on large scale programs in an IT management or support capacity is also desirable.
- Working experience and site knowledge of the Palmdale Manufacturing Integration Center of Excellence is preferred
- Ability to develop/ deliver senior management level briefings, perform risk & opportunity analysis and prepare detail cost and technical proposals.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top