Manager Hardware Engineering
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented individual to lead a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers located in Palmdale, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
Job Description / Charter:
Responsible for a function inside a larger IPT Responsible for the staffing, scheduling, and execution of a support schedule. Responsible for the configuration control and status reporting of systems that support the larger program. Responsible for cross IPT integration in order to support enterprise level work. The candidate will manage multiple team leads and other managers that coordinate support at multiple locations for various types of sustainment and upgrades. Additionally, this manager will be responsible for the coordination of reachback support for various efforts. the manager will be responsible for acting on unscheduled LOE type work as well as deliberate discrete type work. The candidate will brief cost and schedule performance for the execution of this support.
The lead will be responsible for compliance to procedures such as production and other procedures that are germane to the Electronics and Payloads Directorate. Interface with customers, other IPTs, and QA will be daily and frequent
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Electrical/Computer Science, Mechanical or Aerospace) or related technical discipline (Physics, Mathematics), and a minimum of 14 years of related experience.
Must have at least 2 years in a management role
- Working experience with various types of RF systems
- Active DOD Top secret security clearance
-Must be able to travel up to 10%.
- Master's Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience with the integration and test of aviation related communications systems or component sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory
- SCI clearance with Active SSBI required with investigation date in last 5 years.
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience.
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development, Production, Operations) and experience managing teams
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- Must be a self-directed technical performer with strong communication skills, demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary technical trades, and ability to develop & execute to a strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must possess working knowledge in Systems Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top