Manager General Manufacturing 1 - Second Shift
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' Manufacturing Operations Engineering organization is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager 1. The General Manufacturing Manager 1 is responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 10-15 represented (union) employees and processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Providing direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies
- Driving employee efficiency
- Meeting product cost and schedule targets
- Managing the area to produce quality products
- Engaging employees to achieve their highest potential
The General Manufacturing Manager 1 will work independently across organizations; manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets; assign and manage Operator and/or Test Technicians to maximize efficiency and achieve target productive yields; implement area process improvements to improve affordability, quality and schedule: and perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage Operator and/or Test Technicians.
This is a Second Shift position. Typical working hours are from 3:30pm – 12:00am Monday - Friday.
- BS/BA Degree and 3 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability, including:
- Prior program, project and/or people management experience
- Cross organizational experience
- Experience with resource planning and budgeting
- Process improvement experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level Security clearance is required. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to work Second Shift. Typical working hours are from 3:30pm – 12:00am Monday - Friday.
- BS in engineering or other technical area
- Experience working in a union represented environment
- Experience managing manufacturing assembly and test
- Experience with SAP or other Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system for business
- Green Belt Certification
- LEAN Manufacturing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top