Manager Facilities Protection 2
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
The Facilities Protection Manager for Space Systems Division (SSD) and the Space Park Center of Excellence will lead the physical security and facility protection organizations to ensure personnel and property are safeguarded. The selected candidate will coordinate the activities of patrol cars, emergency equipment, closed-circuit TV, and communications and alarms systems. The selected candidate will establish regular security inspections and coordinate with local firefighting and civil law-enforcement agencies to ensure Northrop Grumman facilities are secure. This position will report to the Director of Security for Space Systems Division and will interface with the SSD Security Leadership Team. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manages and leads the Northrop Grumman Uniformed Facility Protection officers to include alarm response and emergency dispatch
- Provides direct oversight for uniformed staff and receptionists
- Responsible for oversight of all local Visitor Control and Badging operations
- Tracks plans and schedules for facility protection operations, to include budget accountability
- Leads the physical security organization responsible for SCIF and closed area constrruction
- Chairs the Crisis Management Team on behalf of the security organization
- Supports Incident Response Teams
- Liason with the facilities organizations, program security officers, and other internal and external customers.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to handle emergency crisis (Contingency Planning Experience)
- Ability to communicate business decisions and changes to working practices clearly
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shift patterns and hours of work, ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent Budget and financial awareness
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to build fast and credible relationships with Senior Management and outside agencies.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of security experience, preferably in sites with a large employee population
- Experience with Crisis Management and Facilities Protection
- Current active Top Secret clearance with SSBI investigation, and/or active SCI clearance with SSBI investigation. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Master's Degree in related discipline
- In depth knowledge of UL2050 and Access Control and Alarm Systems
- Knowledge of ICD 705 and other Security Compliance Documents
- Crisis Management Planning
- High level of skill and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top