Manager Facilities Engineering 2
- Newark, DE
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Manager Facilities Engineering 2 for our Elkton, Maryland location.
The Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems and Controls (PS&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton PS&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Primary Job responsibilities are:
Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities, including Capital project execution. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Reviews bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Manages the Facilities Engineering department. Responsible for the direct management of the staff. Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies. Program Manager Responsibilities to include: planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on capital and overhead Facilities projects. Strong working knowledge of construction execution and practices
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Civil engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of directly related design experience/construction management.
- 3-5 years of project, program, or people leadership experience.
- Strong mechanical skills and exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Familiar with Root Cause Analysis, Fault Trees and Design of Experiments.
- Possess an understanding of finite element analysis codes for structural analysis of designs.
- Strong leadership, influence, and project management skills.
- Ability to network and negotiate at all levels within an organization to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Occasional travel (
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top