Manager Engineering Tech Support 1
- Linthicum Heights, MD
The Advanced Technologies group of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Manager, Engineering Tech Support 1 to join our Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) - located outside of Baltimore, Maryland - where we design, manufacture, and test semiconductor products for internal and commercial production customers as well as emerging technology programs.
Northrop Grumman's ATL semiconductor foundry is a unique capability supporting a range of production microelectronic devices (Silicon, Gallium Arsenide, Gallium Nitride, Silicon Carbide, Carbon Nanotubes) and providing leading edge technology development in superconducting electronics. Our devices enable a number of Northrop Grumman's ground based radars, avionic radars, and space systems. Join us for the chance to work with an amazing, experienced, and talented team while helping serve your country.
The chosen candidate will be the Manager for the ATL Model Shop and will be responsible for directing, planning, and managing the Model Shop to meet the needs of the Foundry and Programs that depend on the Model Shop. They will be responsible for the direct supervision of represented employees working in the model shop. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide direction and guidance to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies
- Responsible for meeting Model Shop throughput, product delivery and overall shop quality and continuous improvement efforts
- Involved in staffing decisions, training, and driving engagement efforts to achieve the employee's highest potential
- Provide management with progress reports and presentations
- Work independently across the organization to meet Program needs and goals
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Maintain good working relations with the many programs that use the Model shop
- Associate's Degree or higher with 2 years of experience supervising/managing manufacturing operations including planning and scheduling workflow
- Experience with basic manufacturing and production concepts
- Experience in the semiconductor industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or other technical area with 3 years of experience supervising/managing manufacturing operations including planning and scheduling workflow
- Technical knowledge and understanding of semiconductor processes and tool sets
- Working knowledge of industry and management methodologies focused on continuous improvement in manufacturing, such as SPC, 5S, Total Quality Management or Six Sigma
- Experienced in ISO 9001 or AS9100 Audits and Requirements
- Knowledgeable of Industrial Hazardous Waste Management procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top