Manager, Engineering - Mechanical/Mechanisms
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Manager, 3 to join our Commodity Engineering organization of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
Commodity Engineering (CE) is the link between design and acquisition, responsible for supply base technical management of Program hardware needs. This highly visible position requires a motivated self-starter with a design and manufacturing background in Space Mechanical and Mechanism hardware and assembly processes. Candidate will possess highly developed interpersonal skills, have a personal drive to exceed and be capable of working with and managing several small, high performing Commodity teams supporting all Strategic Space System programs. The teams proactively address productibility, resolve supplier technical and production challenges in alignment with Program, Engineering and Global Supply Chain requirements.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the organization including staffing, balancing employee assignments, employee development and mentoring, and ensuring proper charging practices
- Create a positive work environment to foster innovation and development necessary to recruit and retain top talent
- Interpret higher-level guidance for implementation within the organization and ensure appropriate and effective team relationships/interactions with customer, programs, and external organizations
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to guide team members and customers to resolve supplier technical questions and issues
- Provide support to engineering and production teams to ensure productibility and affordability of design and manufacturing systems
- Provide leadership to drive affordability at all levels of the organization; implement difficult changes that satisfy customer desire for more efficient and timely support
- Develop and execute effective strategy for capture of follow-on business and seize opportunities for growth
- Ensure compliance with customer and company standards and policies
Travel up to 25%
Back to top