Manager Engineering 3 - ADM Environmental & Speciality Test
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Environmental & Specialty Test Lab Operations is seeking an ADM Environmental & Specialty Test Manager to lead a team of senior program support & environmental engineers supporting air & space programs located at sites in Redondo Beach, CA.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Environmental Test Section Managers responsible for Structures, Thermal, Dynamics, Aero Science and Instrumentation to incorporate the vision and test strategy. In addition, you will help build a culture that empowers and motivates team performance, and establish functional shared accountability with the programs and new business pursuits.
- Ensure successful planning, scheduling and execution of program test activities
- Manage capital planning & asset management, monitor equipment preventive maintenance
- Assist with program staffing and hiring needs
- Provide program operations support such as incident investigations, performance feedback
- Plan for future program skill requirements for cross functional organization
- Engage with environmental test processes to meet the customer requirements
- Promote metrics based on management inputs
- Lead affordability initiatives, and review and support proposals and program milestones presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- 7 years combined experience in any of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- 5 years of Leadership experience either leading technical staff or technical projects
- 3 years of hands on experience conducting Environmental Testing of air or space craft (Such as Thermal, Dynamics, Structural, or Aero Environmental testing)
- 1 year of Program Planning and Scheduling experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret and/or SCI clearance
- Masters Degree in STEM (Science Technology Engineering or Math)
Prior functional management experience in a position responsible for staffing, processes and/or products
- Broad understanding of Air & Space Systems programs
- Proficient in MS Excel with creating formulas from scratch
- Facilities and Safety Management experience related to Space and Air simulations or environmental testing
- Active DoD Top Secret or SCI Clearance
- Proven strong communications and leadership skills in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top