Manager Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Supervisory or management responsibilities for projects engaged in research and/or product development in more than one engineering discipline. Ensure that all development activities utilize best approaches from advanced quality planning (APQP), Electrical and Electrical Systems Engineering, program management (PMBOK), and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) to ensure an efficient, high performing, rigorous development culture while considering the input of all internal and external customers. Utilize their emotional intelligence to lead, coach, and direct other engineers and technicians to accomplish project deliverables and strategic objectives, drive timely decision making and develop a highly talented team. Serve as a role model supporting the sectors mission and values.
- Able to provide guidance, direction and performance feedback to a large group of engineers and technicians on moderately difficult challenges resulting in high impact to the business.
- Able to assess the engineering value stream in their area of responsibility with input from key stakeholders. Initiate continuous improvement activities to create high quality and efficient processes. Improve planning, execution and tracking methods to increase electrical engineering process excellence. Increase the understanding and use of strategy deployment, kaizen, problem solving, and lessons learned.
- Demonstrated acumen in coaching, supporting and motivating engineers to ensure a high performing team. Experience with creating and maintaining development and succession plans for team members and leading recruiting efforts to maintain team capabilities.
- Ensure hiring plans and staff development are aligned to overall capability and capacity strategy. Manage team budgets, schedules and resources to effectively meet business goals.
- Support technology growth in innovation identification, roadmap development and proposal preparation.
- Set and promote high standards of quality and safety. Maintains selected Electrical Engineering processes and drives technical excellence by ensuring team output meets technical standards.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices and technology innovations by attending industry events and educational activities. Serves as an independent reviewer in select product or technology areas.
- Represent and communicate NGIS technical capabilities and technologies to internal and
- technical meetings.
- Lead performance and compensation management activities for team members.
- Prepare, review and approve cost estimates for written technical proposals. Manage cost and schedule for independent research or process improvement projects assigned to your team.
- Experience with space flight hardware design, specifically analog,power conversion and distribution, and digital circuit card and component level design is preferred.
- Understanding of avionics manufacturing and testing is preferred.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with minimum of 15 years of experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top