Manager Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSection Manager 2to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Supervisory or management responsibilities for projects engaged in research and/or product development in more than one engineering discipline.
The Environmental and Specialty Test department in the Systems Integration Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) directorate is looking for a section manager to lead a group of structural test engineers, test conductors, and technicians. This role includes the management of people, processes, assets, and indirect budgets related to the execution of structural test.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Employee performance reviews
- Employee development
- Forecasting resource utilization (people and equipment)
- Process effectiveness
- Capital asset planning and maintenance
- Indirect budget planning and management
- Special assignments in support of the functional home room.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institutionwith6 years structural test experience or a Masters degree with4 years structural test experience
- Proven Leadership experience on a project and/or team
- Experience in an aerospace test environment dealing with the mechanical testing of aircraft and/or spacecraft.
- Active Secret DoD security clearance
- Functional management experience
- Experience with planning and testing structural tests for aircraft and/or spacecraft.
Back to top