Manager Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems from undersea to space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have
bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Leader to manage our team of highly qualified, diverse individuals in Test Design Engineering. Qualified applicants will become part of the Maryland Hardware Engineering department, which specializes in product designs for a variety of applications from undersea to space.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The position is a dual-role position- Technical Leadership and Functional Management
- People leadership for an engineering design organization, to include performance management, employee engagement, career development, staffing, and merit planning
- Increasing engineering competencies through strategic hiring
- Balancing employee needs with business goals
- Provide project and technical oversight for design activities performed by the group
- Provide ownership of and direction to the design processes used in the group.
- Provide proposal inputs and review proposal content for both internal and external customers
- Support department initiatives, recruiting, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement, and NCTA project leadership
This position is located in Baltimore, MD. This position will report to the director of the Test Design Engineering departmentwithin Hardware Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field
- 10 or more years of related (refer to job description) experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to work well within a team environment and adapt quickly to change
- Demonstrated technical and people leadership of diverse and inclusive teams
- Time management skills and a proven ability to follow through with commitments
- Strong written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret or higher level (per business requirements) security clearance.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- Experience with program management, functional management, and/or customer management skills
- Masters degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
- 2 years or more performing people leadership duties
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance or TS/SSBI
- Test Program Set development experiencePower Supply and/or Digital test or design experience
- Earned Value experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top