Manager, Embedded Software Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a 'Manager, Embedded Software Engineering 2' to join our team of qualified, diverse employees. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Amherst Systems in Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on the development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions.
The Manager will oversee a software development team that supports our various simulation and training based systems. The software team designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
Management of the team includes providing technical direction, software process guidance, executing performance appraisals, staffing allocations, and career goal development. The manager guides the team in applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products, such as laboratory simulation systems, aircraft flight control and display systems. The manager will also interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
The preferred candidate will be experienced in leading and coordinating a team through the standard software development activities. These activities include the full software lifecycle: requirements, design, coding, unit testing, integration, and software release to an end customer. Proficient communication skills and employee mentorship skills are valued.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree or higherin Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar engineering/technical degree, plus 10 years of progressive Software Engineering/Development experience
- Experience as a Software Engineering/Development Team Leader
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Master's Computer Science degree
- Prior software functional management experience (executing performance appraisals, staffing allocations, software process leadership, and career goals development)
- 10+ years of SW development experience
- Experience developing software on the Amherst System's product lines
- Experience with Amherst System's SW development and Configuration Management process
- Experience as a SW Lead on a program
- Experience with RedHat Linux development using C++ programming language
- Experience with GPU Processing and CUDA
- Current, active Secret clearance or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top